Internal Competitive Research Grants
The University of Georgia Research Foundation (UGARF) funds competitive internal grants to support initial work by early career faculty and research in new areas of endeavor. It also supports travel to foreign conferences and symposia.
Foreign Travel Assistance Program
Provides assistance in the form of round-trip airfare for travel to foreign destinations specifically to participate in conferences for faculty and graduate students through a competitive process.
- Deadlines: Normally, second Tuesdays in January, March, June and October.
- Eligibility: Faculty members, research professionals, postdoctoral associates, and graduate students are eligible. All Adjunct professors and Non-UGA paid employees are ineligible.
- Amount: The lowest round-trip airfare available
- Detailed Guidelines
NEW Interdisciplinary Proposal Development Program
The explicit goal of the Interdisciplinary Proposal Development (IPD) program is to support cross-disciplinary teams of faculty, perhaps with partners from other research institutions, government or private sector, in their efforts to prepare competitive proposals for grand challenge-type multi-investigator/multi-institution grants. These grants are jointly sponsored by Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Required Letter of Intent – March 1, 2014
- Full Proposal – March 14, 2014
- Amount: Maximum awards will be $75,000 but typical awards will be at or below $50,000
- Detailed Guidelines
Cultivar Development Research Program (administered by Technology Commercialization Office)
Provides grant support to researchers in the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences to promote the development of new plant cultivars.
- Deadline: First Wednesday in October
- Eligibility: Full and part-time faculty, USDA adjunct positions, and permanent research scientists in the University's "Research Professionals" classification system. Visiting faculty and postdoctoral research associates are ineligible.
- Amount: No upper limit, however funding proposals with large budgets (above $60,000) must have unusually strong justification.
- Contact: Technology Commercialization Office: email@example.com